Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 1, In very few words

Can't write much because I don't want another late start tomorrow.  Fenway was great in the car. No whining or barking, perky at all the rest stops, eager to sniff whatever other traveling dogs had left behind. As the day wore on, he was less and less excited to get back in the car at the end of each stop, but who could blame him?

Looking at the map for the rest of my trip, I actually started to get worried for myself. Really? I think I'm gonna drive 800 miles a day for the next 3 days in a row? Huh. I think that would be illegal if I were a professional truck driver. Maybe I should re-think my stops.

But whatever ends up happening,  I'm really going to try to get up early to run and stretch before I leave. Early! Did I say that yet? Don't want to be arriving anywhere at midnight. Early!

2 comments:

bansley said...

If you get tired or sleepy, don't hesitate to pull off the road if only for a 15-20 minute nap. Don't want you falling asleep at the wheel, Abi. Schedule schmedule, we want you to arrive safe.

Anonymous said...

Safe Travels, take your time a see as many dog walks along the way!